A) melt because I am so sweet
B) hafta freak 'cause my hair and rain don't get along well
C) stay indoors just because it's raining
I guess by MY standards, this all counts as progress!
- It is a good day though, despite the rain!
- My Angel is sleeping soundly in her bed.
- I have been up since 8:00 this morning and have managed to stalk all of my favorite people.
- I was asked to speak at a meeting tonight, and I am not nervous, 'cause I know He will put the words in my mouth
- plans for my upcoming AA b-day are now in the works, and I think I'll make it ODAAT
- by next weekend I will be able to post new pics of my garden in bloom
- my new, old, sponsor has welcomed me back into her life
- I had enough milk for the three coffee's I have drank since waking up
- even though Angel is almost 16, she still loves to cuddle wit Hersickmomma
- my mommy called me this week, and she loves me still
- all of my cyber friends keep visiting my little bloggy...even though by now they MUST realize I am a freak
In case any of you all were wonderin', that was my gratitude list for today! I know I am kinda doin' it backwards, but I always have been a little backwards, and I am OK with it!!!
Our first attempts at inventories are apt to prove unrealistic. I used to be a champ at unrealistic self-appraisal. On certain occasions, I wanted to look only at the part of my life that seemed good. Then I would greatly exaggerate whatever virtues I supposed I had attained. Next I would congratulate myself on the grand job I was doing in AA.
Naturally this generated a terrible hankering for still more "accomplishments", and still more approval. I was falling straight back into the patten of my drinking days. Here were the same old goals- power, fame, and applause. Besides, I had the best alibi known- the spiritual alibi. The fact that I really did have a spiritual objective made the utter nonsence seem perfectly right.
This was taken from randomly opening As Bill Sees It, and landing on page 193 ! So I guess one of my goals for today will not be to garner applause, pats on the back and laughter in my sharing. All I can do is honestly share what it was like, what happened, and what it is like today...A message from my HP, perhaps?