Thursday, December 21, 2006

HERE COMES SANTA CLAUSE!

Well it seems I am almost ready for Christmas...I've been baking my buns off for about a week and a half now. So far everything is turning out really well. Thanks to my mommy who is like the best baker ever! I remember helping her do stuff when I was little, and now I get to bake all the incredible yummy stuff using her recipes and some of my own, and I don't suck at it! Wow life is good today!

Speaking of today, my mom called this morning and we had a great conversation. I thanked her for teaching me how to bake and told her about all the stuff I've made, Devilteen even helped me with some of it, which is really cool (I think) because I can see her passing this on to her own daughter(s) someday far far away! I'm not quite sure what happened to the bah-humbug gurl who was here last week but I'm glad for the break, she's very tiring to be around you know, what with all the whining and complaining not to mention the too frequent pity-parties that I was required to attend,,, let's just say good riddance! I hope she goes to visit her other friends for the Holidays cause I'm doing quite well without her, thank you very much!

So is it just me or does anyone else suffer from Mommy-guilt at this time of year? It's not like my child has NOTHING to open on Christmas morning, I just was not able to 'spoil' her in the outrageous fashion this year that I have done in the past. In talking to a frined I realized that I did o.k in the gift department, Devilteen will not suffer because I did not wrap up the moon and stars for her, and she never was a selfish child, it's MY problem that I feel this guilt, not because I haven't given enough. I even bought a gift for my mom who will be spending her first Christmas ever at my house! I am so excited that I get to cook for her and she hasn't changed her mind and, yeah, life is good today!

Tomorrow I may adventure out into a maul to pick up a few little stocking stuffers you know the last minute stuff. I feel like I've been missing out because I have not yet subjected myself to the craziness of too many people trying to get too much stuff with too little time, money and patience. It just seems like a good old Christmas tradition that one must not go without, like having a turkey without the stuffing or half-caf-soy-not-sweet latte without the whip! It's just wrong I tell ya, everyone must suffer the horrors of shopping in a crowded maul at leasr once during the Christmas season. At the very least I will be VERY grateful that I am not one of those people who has left her shopping til the last minute and it will further prove to me that I am less insane than the masses! Okay, maybe not the masses but some!!! I'll be sure to post on my adventure to let y'all know how it went. If ya don't see me, it's because I didn't actually survive said excursion!

I don't really have too much to say right now so this will be a short but sweet posting today (something like the author), I shall bid one and all good night for now, don't forget to tune in next time when "Lushgurl tries the same old thing expecting different results"! Peace out Y'all!




1 comment:

Devra said...

I hope your guilt attack was short. Like me. I am short too!