Wednesday, September 05, 2007

I AM NOW A WORKIN' GURL!

Yup, have a seat if yer not sittin' already! Me, Lushgurl, actually found a job. Well, I can't take all of the credit really, I was speaking to my sponsor the other day and kind of stressing over the financial situation that I am in. OK, I was not so much speaking as I was ranting! But the point is, that my sponsor, in all of her sponsorly wisdom told me to keep it in today. Sound familiar to anyone? Our dear friend Pam always says it too! So she told me to pray for some money, that miracles do happen, and maybe I'd find a cheque in the mail or something LOL. And I took her advice, but I asked God to just let me know that I'd be ok. I don't believe I should be askin' for money because I don't know if that is God's Will for me, but I know that He does provide or He'll send me a sign of what to do...

On Saturday AAngel and I had gone out, stopping for bus tickets at a corner store near our house, I noticed a 'Help Wanted' sign in the window. I spoke to the gurl who was working and she suggested I bring in my resume and give it to the owner, which I did on Sunday. I was telling him a little about my work experience at the Deli, how I ran it by all by self for about six weeks, and he said he would call me in a couple of days, and that maybe I could start training on Thursday. As we were leaving AAngel gives me a big hug and says "Mommy I am so happy for you, you got the job!" Now me, being who I am, did not see it that way, I thought he said he'd call me to let me know, and then I would start on Thursday. He didn't even look at my resume that I had been working on since last March- the NERVE of him!

Monday night I got a phone call asking if I could come in Tuesday from 10:00 until 2:00!!! I worked yesterday and when I was leaving, my new boss gave me my hours for the week. It is called "Sherwood Deli and Meat Market". I loved my first day, I feel in my element there. The guy who was training me was quite impressed that I caught on so fast, he said he liked that I didn't stand around waiting to be told what to do. I think we make a good team. Ever cool huh? In the good vibes of the day, I continue with this reading from As Bill Sees It- opened randomly:

AA is more than a set of principles; it is a society of alcoholics in action. We must carry the message, else we ourselves can wither and those who haven't been given the truth may die.

***************************

Faith is more than our greatest gift; its sharing with others is our greatest responsibility. May we of AA continually seek the wisdom and the willingness by which we may well fulfill the immense trust which the Giver of all perfect gifts has placed in our hands.

Have the best day EVER, and I'll stalk to ya soon!

17 comments:

Syd said...

Great news on the new job. And it is a good compliment about your work and how quickly you caught on. Things happen in God's time.

Mary Christine said...

Congrats! Isn't it amazing what can happen when we get out of the way!

Shadow said...

congrats on the job!!! enjoy, enjoy, enjoy

Ava said...

Congratulations!!! That is totally awesome!

Krista said...

YEAH!!!!! CONGRATS LUSHGIRL!!!! I just did my resume today and HAVE to get a job ASAP, being a single mother and whatnot!! It's gonna feel so good to get that first paycheck. Awesome effort, you made the move...you got the job.

Tabitha.Montgomery said...

Did you know I am a Deli Clerk too ? yUp.

well this is good to read L-gurl :)

Thanks for sharing.

The Maven said...

I was sitting down and I STILL nearly fell over!

That is freaking AWESOME, Lushy!! Congratulations! I can't wait to hear all about it. Congrats, congrats, congrats! :)

Pammie said...

YAHOO girl...you trusted the process, put yourself out there...and good things happened for you! Be good to yourself while you are getting back into the groove of work.

Scott W said...

Somewhere in our literature it says we alcoholics are very employable. You just proved it, thanks for sharing! Have fun!

~*Jobthingy*~ said...

congrats! :)

Recovery Road London said...

Yay! You and me both!

Hugs all round!

Unknown said...

That is fantastico!!! Bravo for you.

Have a wonderful weekend LushyGurly,

G~

Krista said...

You're so funny!! I love your comment on my blog today!! LOL. Have an awesome weekend, girlie girl.

Judith said...

Congrats on the new job!

I haven't been a good blogging friend this summer, but this was a good day for me to catch up with you. I am so glad to see some good things have been happening.

Hugs to you (and AAngel)!
Judith

Scott M. Frey said...

yay, well done on the new job! funny how a little prayer and a little effort when combined, create a lot of results!

awesome! YAY HP and Lushgirl!

sharonsjourney said...

Congratulations. that is so cool, how our HP works with us. I'm happy for you. I just got back from my aunt's. I missed my blogger friends. Good to be back home.

Unknown said...

THE SACRED BULL
I imagine 12 STEPPERS have soldtheir souls to the devil. Fortunately, I was saved through the power of Jesus Christ, but formany years had been exposed to the evil “satanic cult” (AlcoholicsAnonymous) Wilson (AA) has prostituted himself & deluded many thousands (12 Step Groups) byworshipping the god Moloch (Ba’al the Sacred Bull). It all started with his (Wilson) “drug induced hallucination”….
Here are references to seances and other psychic events….
Bill would…”get” these things …long sentences, word by word would come through….” (22)
, he asked for guidance….The words began tumbling out with astonishing speed….(23)
So A.A.’s 12 Steps were actually received verbatim from the demonic world. It is not surprising, then, that the effect of A.A. upon many of its members is to lead them into occult involvement. In 1958, Wilson wrote to Sam Shoemaker,
Throughout A.A., we find a large amount of psychic phenomena, nearly all of it spontaneous. Alcoholic after alcoholic tells me of such experiences… run nearly the full gamut of everything we see in the books. In addition to my original mystical experience, I’ve had a lot of such phenomenalism myself.(24)
Wilson’s “original mystical experience” was his alleged “conversion” –a classic occult encounter: “Suddenly the room lit up with a great white light. I was caught up into an ecstasy…it burst upon me that I was a free man…a wonderful feeling of Presence, and I thought to myself, ‘So this is the God of the preachers! ‘ A great peace stole over me….”(25)
This was not the “God of the preachers” but the one who transforms himself “into an angel of light” (2 Cor 1l:l4)-a light that often transforms those involved in the occult. The experience was so profound that Wilson never touched alcohol again. Satan would he more than willing to deliver a man from alcoholism in this life if thereby he could ensnare him for eternity and inspire him to lead millions to the same destruction!
Wilson joined the Oxford Group and regularly attended its meetings at Calvary Church (NY), pastored by Episcopalian Sam Shoemaker. Shoemaker urged his hearers to “accept God however they might conceive of him….”(26) Here was the origin of Step 3’s “God as we understood him.” God does not respond to those who call upon false gods. Jesus said, “And this is life eternal, that they might know thee, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent” (Jn 17:3). God’s judgment comes upon them “that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ (2 Thes 1:8).
I will set my face against that man & his family & will cut off from their people both him & all who follow him in prostituting themselves to MolechI will set my face against the person who turns to mediums & spiritists to prostitute himself by following them, & I will cut him off from his people. (Leviticus 20: 5, 6)
Moloch the God Ba’al, the Sacred Bull, was widely worshipped in the ancient Near East and wherever Carthaginian culture extended. Baal Moloch was conceived under the form of a calf or an ox or depicted as a man with the head of a bull.
Hadad, Baal or simply the King identified the god within his cult. The name Moloch is not the name he was known by among his worshippers, but a HebrewMoloch (in the Septuagint Greek translation of the Old Testament), or Molech (Hebrew), is no different than the word Melech or king, transformed by interposing the vowels of bosheth or ’shameful thing’. translation. The written form. He is sometimes also called Milcom in the Old Testament. I beg you Steppers to to get out while you can (12 Step) or end up as SHIFT SHAPING REPTILES.
Peace Be With You
Micky

August 19, 2007 10:25 PM
Delete
MICKY said...

2 Responses to “THE SACRED BULL”
1. End User Says:
August 10th, 2007 at 12:25 pm
(Quote) ” imagine the people in 12 Step programmes have sold their souls to the devil. Fortunately, I was saved through the power of Jesus Christ,…” (End of Quote) (Quote)Wilson’s “original mystical experience” was his alleged “conversion” –a classic occult encounter:(End of Quote)
Definition:oc·cult –adjective
1. of or pertaining to magic, astrology, or any system claiming use or knowledge of secret or supernatural powers or agencies.
2. beyond the range of ordinary knowledge or understanding; mysterious.
3.secret; disclosed or communicated only to the initiated.
4. hidden from view.
Another occulter I see, believes in the a devil and “saved through the power of Jesus Christ”.
Pitiful how the ignorant can become so deluded by what others say or write.
“Now put your hand on the screen and pray with me!”
(don’t forget to wire transfer your hard earned dollars to your beliefs) or better direct deposit :)

2. Andy M Says:
August 26th, 2007 at 8:15 am
The points made by the Christian contributor are perfectly valid. The ideas of the Oxford Group and AA are heretical from a Christian standpoint. Bill Wilson’s adventures with the ouija board, claiming to contact dead people and discarnate entities can only be regarded by the secular sceptic as the work of a self-deluded person or a charlatan, whilst to the commited Christian they are heretical and sacrilegious.
PEACE BE WITH YOU
MICKY