Thursday, February 15, 2007

ANOTHER GOOD DAY IN THE LIFE!

Today I am going to start with my daily meditation from "Daily Reflections"...

Feb 15

Taking Action
Are these extravagant promises? We think not. They are being fulfilled among us- sometimes quickly, sometimes slowly. They will always materialize if we work for them.
Alcoholics Anonymous pg.84

One of the most important things AA has given me, in addition to freedom from booze, is the ability to take "right action". It says the promises will ALWAYS materialize if I WORK for them. Fantasizing about them, debating them, preaching about them, and faking them just won't work. I'll remain a miserable, rationalizing dry drunk. By taking action and working the Twelve Steps in all my affairs, I'll have a life beyond my wildest dreams!

I just love the promises, I have quoted parts of them throughout my blogs. The thing is, this time last year, I could not have felt worse about myself and my life. I was just about to quit my (unhealthy) job, I spent Valentine's Day alone, and of course I was still drinking. Today I realize how far I have come! What a wonderful gift I have been given! I can hardly believe all of the good things that have begun to happen to me and in my life. Many of the promises have already come true for me, and not only did I doubt that would ever happen, but I didn't even believe that I was worthy of all this good stuff.

So to share my miracles with you, I am going to tell you about the good things I have in my life today...
-Today I am free from alcohol and drugs, not only am I happy about this, I am grateful too
-I am learning to let go of my past in that I can't change it, I can only do things differently today
-Serenity and peace are with me on most days today, and if it doesn't start out that way, I have the tools to change it
-I am actually starting to believe that I too, have a story to be told, and am no longer afraid to share my secrets of how bad I WAS, if it helps keep someone else sober that day
-For the most part I have accepted that even I do have a purpose in this life, sometimes I don't clearly see what that is, but I am willing to ASK HIM
-More and more I am reaching out to call people, I truly care how folks are doing, I'm not just saying "How are you?" I WANT to know!
-Today I face life with gratitude for every little thing, and I always have more than enough! I look forward to getting up in the morning (although I'd appreciate not waking up at seven when I have nothing to do that day LOL)
-Everyday that I have a roof over my head, good food to eat, and friends to share with is a great day
-Today I am able to stop myself from blurting out the first thing that pops into my head, I'm sure someday my Angel will appreciate how difficult this can be!
-Every single day that I have today is a blessing and a gift, and I never could have accomplished this miracle on my own....Thank you to MY GOD, and to all of you!

Holy Moly! Until I looked at each promise on it's own I had not realized just how true they are for me. What a great PROGRAM of recovery that has given me sobriety and much, much more than I ever dared to dream of. I hope the promises come true for you today. Peace all!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

:) a great year for you :)

Glad you had a great Valentine's Day

Mrs. Random said...

Hi you :)

Love the promises. Love the list. Love the everything really :)

If I had some flowers, I'd throw them at you. I have snowflake though, do you want some of them? or do you have enough already? ;)

lushgurl said...

Chocolateer...don't you DARE throw MORE snow this way...we have quite enough thank you very much!!!

Meg Moran said...

I just took some time to catch up on your last 2 posts...amazing stuff you have walked through this week. The mother/daughter bond is deep and complex and oh so tender. Your awareness today of your own ability to overcome, share your story and open your heart will be the greatest gift you will ever give her. Yo-notsosickanymore-mamma!

Pammie said...

ditto every single solitary word that Meg said !!!

ArahMan7 said...

Those are not extravagant promises, Yo-notsosickanymore-mamma!

It is the right action.

As always I love reading your post.

Steven said...

As I think I've mentioned before I really admire your outlook on this!

I hope all your promises come true.

Steve~

Rex said...

Wow, you have grown so much and you are in a good place today. Thanks so much for sharing that with us.

Jocelyn said...

The part about sharing your own experiences, without shame, but in a spirit of helpfulness, is so important. Good for you.

Gooey Munster said...

You are a sparkling miralce right now allowing others to see this internal light existing within you.

Precious.

Cori said...

Here's to the future, come what may! What an amazing transformation you've had!

Mrs. Random said...

Hey you,

I hear you're sick :( Get better soon! Easier said than done, I know...what I mean is...I'm so sorry to hear that you're sick, and I sincerely hope you get better soon!

Mary Christine said...

Wow. What a wonderful description of the recovery possible in Alcoholics Anonymous. Thanks!

lash505 said...

Very good stuff..