Saturday, February 03, 2007

AND NOW FOR SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT

HA HA HA ...Fooled ya! It's pretty much the same old stuff that I usually rant on about, but today I don't feel the dreaded sense of panic that has been all around me lately. All right , so maybe that is a little new. I actually have had a few pretty good days this week. I've been kind of busy, I've had some fun, I have been taking care of self (and it's felt good), hey that stuff is kind of different too...wait a minute... the title of my post was supposed to be a joke, you know, ha ha , funny, but it seems that my life has indeed been 'different' of late.

I am not one to just um, ACCEPT things no questions asked, so at the risk of messing up the whole karma thing... well it just wouldn't be right if I did not now wonder what the heck is going on here! I was fighting a cold earlier in the week and kind of felt icky, so I rested a lot and didn't beat myself up over it. I had a couple of appointments that I kind of wanted to blow off, but I attended them and was even on time! I have been reading my daily meditations everyday. I have become more consciously aware of what I am feeding myself and am trying to make healthier choices. I've made phone calls to friends. I payed bills and bought actual groceries before I did any fun stuff. HMMM...it seems as if when I take better care of myself, good things tend to happen... like I feel more relaxed and a little less critical of myself, and almost happy even. CRAP...I dunno if I can allow all this good stuff into my life, surely it won't last...

Devilteen has been with me since Wednesday as the high schools are writing exams this week. Tomorrow she is off to spend a day or two with her dad, so I will have the rest of the weekend to myself. The cool part is that I am not afraid of this nor am I dreading being alone on another weekend. I plan to go to a couple of AA meetings that I don't get to when DT is here all weekend. I'm really looking forward to that. On Thursday a friend took me out so that I could finally buy a printer for my computer, that means I no longer have an excuse to not do up my resume and get my butt out job hunting! It feels a little wierd though, I may actually be working again soon. Chances are that if I put out a few resumes, someone. somewhere might kind of be interested in hiring me. Yeah and if I get a job I will be out in the world and maybe meeting new people and maybe 'Having a Life'... WOW, me, lushgurl, with a life, now that IS something completely different!!!

Devilteen took some pictures of me today, normally I hate getting my picture taken 'cause I never like how I look in them. What do guys think? I've put a picture of me on my Blog. I think it turned out kind of neat, I like that it is kind of bluish , suits my normal frame of mind. I don't think that I look so horrible in it either, which is a nice surprise for me. I never thought I would put my face out there for all to see, but I think I'll keep it, it doesn't suck too badly!!! HMM... that is kind of different too come to think of it. I knew this would happen, a run of good days and then what, more good days, and let me guess for next week the forecast will be more good days? Oh well I guess I have to just suck it up and go with the flow. On that note though I think I'll go for now just in case the karma Gods realize I've had too many good days and decide to make up for lost time... Later friends!



11 comments:

DEVILLTEEN said...

ROLF and LMAO awww I feel so proud to be the good guy in this one for once I am happy for you too lush... DEVILLTEEN!!! out

lushgurl said...

Note to Devilteen...You are always the 'good guy' in my life, even when I'm stressin'...
I JUST CAN'T STOP LOVIN' YOU!!!

ArahMan7 said...

I vote for a photo on your blog.

The good guy from Malaysia.

The Maven said...

I think it looks great! The blueish is so very cool. And you always look at least ten years younger than you really are, which I totally wish I could say about myself! ;)

lash505 said...

I think it looks good too. Don't mess with the karma thing.

~*Jobthingy*~ said...

great pic.

i can put your resume in at my work if you want. you have to email it to me with a cover letter.

Pammie said...

thanks for the kind words you left on my blog.:-) Have a good sunday.

Rex said...

Picture is great. Have a great week and good luck on the job search.

Recovery Road London said...

Saw you posting around my blog circle. Thought I'd drop by and say hello.

kind regards

Kenny
London, England

Mrs. Random said...

*Love* the pic. Very, very cool :) Glad to hear you've had it good the past few days. You deserve it!

Cori said...

The picture is awesome, I love the blue tinge! Here's to a brand new week for you!