Wednesday, November 08, 2006

ANOTHER DAY IN THE UN-LIFE!

I think that today it is time to let you know how yosickmomma came to be. Not the person, the name! I was trying to decide a name for my e-mail. I used to write Devilteen little notes all the time, in her lunches, tucked in her bed at night(pillow-tuckies, they were called), and of course the obligatory note I would leave for her if I would not be home when she decided to return from school (more about that at a later date). At long last the point- I called myself 'Yomomma' so she would know it was me and not someone elses momma who was leaving her these notes all over the place! The 'sick' part came later when I decided to attempt to be cool. All the cool people know that when something is 'sick' that is a good thing, right? Like ah, when they say um, "Did you see the new guy in school today? He's like totally SICK!" Meaning HOTT not COOL like I used to say, oh I still say it, anyway, I'm just trying to fit in in this scary world of new language!!

So I tuned into my new addiction today- reading - commenting-posting on Blogs, and I realized that I didn't post yesterday. Horror of horrors the Blogging world did not come to a screeching halt without my assorted ramblings of wisdom? I actually have a really good reason for not posting yesterday, Yosickmomma is sick!!! No I don't mean that in the cool, Hott, good way, I mean literally sick! Why is it that when anyone else in the family is sick that the world as we know it begins to spin around them, But when the momma is sick life pretty much continues as normal( I use that term loosely).

It really sucks to be sick in yomommas world. Take yesterday for example- I'm lying on the couch with my box of Kleenex waiting for the Y&R to start when the cable goes out! I turn to whine to someone but no one is there! I've cancelled my appointments for the day, have not taken any phonecalls and NOW the cable goes out??? Whassup wit dat?---notice the attempt at cool! I then proceeded to the computer to check in on my Blogerellas only to find that one has not yet posted and I cannot comment on the other one's Blog...What else can go wrong today? Suffice it to say that it reaally just sucks to be sick in my world! I know that if Devilteen had been here there is a possibilty that she would have noticed the red runny nose, the watery eyes, the pathetic glazed way they tried to focus an her face- NO I AM NOT DRINKING AGAIN! Maybe if I had answered the phone I would have found a sympathetic friend on the line but NOOO ,not me I have to suffer in silence all by self! My two cats and my budgie don't care about my impending death either as long as they have been fed!

So today I get up hoping to have a better day when I am mortified to find tha Fourbucks re-introduced their Holiday flavour! This information was gleaned from another Blog of a soon-to-be-new-friend. This news disturbed me for a number of reasons 1) That on the day that I was sick, they've brought out this celebratory yumminess, 2) That I was not notified previous to said coming out, and 3) That I have never even tasted the concoction! Yup you guessed it,I totally missed the boat on another of today's up and coming cool-maker's! Not only have I never tried this recipe, but 'going' out for a coffee is actually a treat for me! One time the Maven actually took me into one of these pay-too-much-to-take-it-home-with-you places and I practically had an anxiety attack! Maven confidenly ordered her usual half-caf-soy-double-cream-latte-hold-the-whip, thenturned to me and said "what would you like". I know it was a set-up, her and Devilteen have secret alliance to finally show me that I am not now, nor will I ever reach their level of coolness!

As further proof of this (alleged) alliance I offer into evidence exhibit #2... Later that night Maven and Devilteen were surfing different sites, they were giggling away together, trading secret infomation about various videos and songs that they knew I had never heard of using words and phrases they knew I didn't understand. Every once in a while they would remember that I was there and start speaking un-greek! And when did it become o.k. to get along with your mother's friends??? Help I have fallen into the land of may-never-be-cool and my child and best friend are laughing hysterically at my misery!

Well now my fine feathered friends, and others, I must off for the day, I think I will go check the messages on my phone. There may actually be a message from someone who loves me in a language that even I can understand! So until we post again...See ya...Lushgurl out! See, I can be cool!





2 comments:

~*Jobthingy*~ said...

dont worry. i didnt know the gingerbread latte was coming out either til my local 4bucks girl told me they had the syrup. i didnt get the official email though.. yes i get official emails from 4bucks. im a loser like that.. then i forward them to the maven so she can be a loser with me.
and *gasp* you have never had a GB Latte? we will have to deflower you my dear. i think we will do that on friday night.

FYI my posts are usually done by around 10-11am ..well this week. next week i start at 1 so it will be around 3.. after those times you have stuff to read and comment on :D

Anonymous said...

You know, it's not actually COOL to know what you're ordering in those snooty, too-rich-for-your-blood coffee places. In fact, it's downright embarrassing.

The problem is I'm hooked. Yup. Can't help it. The damn things taste WAY better than anything I can make at home, so I jump at the chance to throw them money I should be saving for retirement or my children's education every time I get near one of those places.

Also, if you go to Bridgehead you can feel good about yourself. See, I pay the same, but I end up buying something organic and fairly-traded. The Maven becomes a damn hero for drinking a latte. Compassion comes in four dollar increments.

Rest up, chicky. Friday's our night!