Tuesday, July 17, 2007

FRIENDS, LOVERS, FELLOW AA'ERS...

Good Morning everyone! I shamelessly stole this guestbook from my friend Granny. At last count, she had over 60 guests sign hers... Gee, I wonder how my little guestbook will do? I wonder how many people love me? I wonder if I should be such a love tramp today? Hell yeah!!!
On to more serious matters now! Here is our Daily Reflection...

My stability came out of trying to give, not out of demanding that I receive. Thus I think it can work out with emotional sobriety. If we examine every disturbance we have, great or small, we will find at the root of it some unhealthy dependancy and its consequent unhealthy demand. Let us, with God's help, continually surrender these hobbling demands. Then we can be set free to live and love; we may then be able to Twelfth Step ourselves and others into emotional sobriety.

The Language of the Heart pg. 238

Years of dependancy on alcohol as a chemical mood-changer deprived me of the capability to interact emotionally with my fellows. I thought I had to be self-sufficient, self-reliant, and self-motivated in a world of unreliable people. Finally I lost my self-respect and was left with dependancy, lacking any ability to trust myself or to believe in anything. Surrender and self-examination while sharing with newcomers helped me to ask humbly for help.

Boy, am I ever glad I posted the Daily Reflection after I begged for some lovin' in my guestbook!!! Ironically, when I was typing it out, not once, but twice I typed "healthy" instead of "unhealthy" LOL So I guess I'll find out exactly how healthy I am, if no one chooses to indulge my insecurities by signing up their love for life in my humble little book!!! Have a great day YO!

10 comments:

Syd said...

"I thought I had to be self-sufficient, self-reliant, and self-motivated in a world of unreliable people." Sounds like what I've thought for so many years. No one to count on but me. Now I know better.

Anonymous said...

I signed your book, my dear. Pic and all.
Scout loves her some Lush Gurl.
Peace,
Scout

Gooey Munster said...

Hmmm is the guestbook being stubborn? Seems to be out of order for me.

Well I will love ya! Maybe my love aling with Scout and Syd will make you jump up high and tickle your soul.

Mary Christine said...

Guestbook looks to be disfunctional for now. Maybe later?

Anonymous said...

click on view all guests --it works from there.

Mama Dukes said...

I couldn't figure out how to sign the book

enjoy your today darlin' all loved up!

Pammie said...

OK...you goof butt...I'm gonna try to sign it.....cuz I want you to know you're LOVED!!!!!!
If I can't....them come back to this comment....so you'll know you are LOVED.

Zanejabbers said...

Dudette indeed. HARUMPH. Loved it. Thanks for stopping by.

Shannon said...

U r so cute and funny. I can relate to those worries though. I did sign it... YAY have a super good day

Tabitha.Montgomery said...

psst..today is Scouts belly button birthday..pass it on...