Monday, July 16, 2007

YOU ASKED FOR IT...

OK, stop the darned whining already! Some of you have asked for more picture from my garden and lucky for you, I feel charitable today! So, if you'd like, follow me on a mini-tour... The first pic is a shot from the back of my yard, if you are looking at the garden slide show I have, this would be "in the corner". The second picture would be "around the corner". A little farther down are some of my phlox, through the years I have cut and shared many of my plants, but not my phlox. They are my absolute favorites and smell very much like lilacs. Next are a couple of pictures of some brand new asian lilies that have just bloomed. I planted them last fall so I was really excited when they bloomed this year. Once again I give you some more yellow asians with red centers, and last but not least, some giant yellow speckled asians! I hope that has fulfilled your garden fix for now, but I will post more as they become available!






I spent Sunday at the Mavens' house again, where I got to finish garden #1 and then I planted garden #2, which, by the way, seems to be everybody's favorite so far! I am hoping that she will get some time this week to post some pictures, as I am quite proud of the work I've done so far.

I haven't posted Daily Reflections for a bit, so here it is...

In every case, pain had been the price of admission into a new life. But this admission price has purchased more than we expected. It brought a measure of humility, which we soon discovered to be a healer of pain.

Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions pg.75

It was painful to give up trying to control my life even though success eluded me, and when life got too rough, I drank to escape. Accepting life on life's terms, will be mastered through the humility I experience when I turn my will and my life over to the care of God, as I understand Him. With my life in God's care, fear, uncertainty, and anger are no longer my response to those portions of my life that I would rather not have happen to me. The pain of living through those times will be healed by the knowledge that I have received the spiritual strength to survive.

I hope this Monday brings beauty, serenity and peace to you all, in preparation for a great week to come...

10 comments:

Tabitha.Montgomery said...

I like the pics Lush :)
Thanks for the serenity wishes too..I hope you have a wonderful week also :)

redcardinal said...

Beautiful, my son picked out some flox that looks identical to your pix as housewarming gift for my parents new house. SMALL WORLD I love gardening, it's my therapy (though i take a lot of ribbing from my guy friends) lol
Have a GREAT day

The Maven said...

I will most definitely post some pictures this week. I just need to find out where the gremlins put my rechargeable batteries for the camera. D'oh!

Giving up control? Oh yes. Also known as: getting sober and/or having children :P

Pammie said...

love love love the garden..all that hard work..but what a pay off, beauty at every turn. Good for you darlin'.

Shannon said...

beautiful flowers
and I read that this morning too...
hope you are having a fab Monday

Mama Dukes said...

oh my I want the garden you have darlin'!!!

Mary Christine said...

Perrrrdy.

Clarity said...

Bee-UUU-tee-full! And you have a great week yourself!

Shadow said...

again, a truely beautiful garden. i haven't the patience for flowery things, my garden is all shrubs, conifers, grasses, etc. my poor gardener, he tries every year to get me to do the colour thing, maybe i'll try again this year...

lash505 said...

pick me some of those rad flowers