Wednesday, January 17, 2007

I DON'T CONTROL THE UNIVERSE?

It seems that before I even awoke today I managed to piss off a friend! I didn't do it on purpose, Heck I didn't think that anything I could say would have that kind of power over others. boy was I wrong. The thing is, I like to inject humour into my day, I feel that it is better to laugh than to cry ( but that is the subject of another post!) as I was saying I like to laugh! I do or say things at times which apparently aren't funny to me but others find amusing, it's all good, I'll entertain you at my expense, Lord knows I've probably laughed at YOU before. Now see I've digressed from my point yet again! Um, yeah... when I woke up (I dreamt that the phone was ringing and it was but I didn't know that 'cause I was sleeping???) But I checked the phone and sure enough there was indeed a message waiting for me.

I don't know about you, but often when I call someone and get the answering machine, I don't feel like leaving a message. There was a time , not that long ago, there weren't even answering machines. When we made a call and the targe- I mean object of our call was not home, the phone just rang and rang. You could actually put the phone down and walk away and say, pick it up an hour later and the dang thing would still be ringing if the person you were trying to call had not answered it yet. Today it is a whole different ball game (hey that reminds me, I can't wait for baseball to start again!) the phone thing I mean. It is actually quite difficult to speak to a real person it seems. You call anywhere only to get that annoying telephone answereing lady " Your call is important to us- --then answer the damn phone---if you are calling to pay a bill press #1, if you wish to reach the company directory press#2 ---but I don't KNOW who I want to reach---if you are calling for the hours of operation press #3---AAARRRGGGHHH!!!! What if I just want to speak to an actual HUMAN???

It is SSOOO frustrating! My point.. ha ha, I almost forgot! is that when someone calls me I don't want them to be angry that I am unable to answer the phone at that particular moment. If I am home but say indisposed, I like to say out loud to the ringing phone- as if the person calling me can hear me- Uh I can't get that right now! Sometimes if I've been out or sleeping, I won't even realize that someone has called and left a message because I don't have a light that blinks or call display or anything like that. People will say to me somewhat accusingly "didn't you GET my message?" " NO" I reply innocently , because I am in fact innocent of the alleged crime! " I haven't used the phone today so I didn't realize you called". Well in order to deflect the anger I try to leave witty out-going messages on my phone. (note that I actually GOT to my point before the end of this Blog-Muchos Kudos to me!!!)

This new year my out-going says , and this is not a direct quote 'cause I don't call myself and I don't remember exactly what I said... I can't take your call blah blah blah Have a year, you can decide what KIND of year to have!!! Little did I know that I was responsible for deciding the fate of your entire year! So this morning after my dream about the phone ringing which wasn't actually a dream ( get with the program, I've already explained this to you). So I am barraged with an angry soon to be ex-friend (JK) saying basically how dare you imply that I can choose the fate of my year, you are supposed to say Happy New Year! I beg to differ, former friend! WHERE does it SAY that I have to say 'Happy New Year"?

Funny , I used to get the same response from Devilteen when she was going to school! Some mornings were um, challenging, so as she would be leaving I would say " Bye, I love you, Have a Day"... and she wouldn't leave!!! Why ? Because I didn't say " Have a good day!" Honestly! I don't know where these people get off trying to make ME responsible for their day or their year . I AM NOT the ruler of the universe! If I were the ruler of the universe muwahhahahaha... well I don't even know what I would do, oh yeah, here's an idea, I'd give YOU ALL free will to choose the kind of day or year that you would have... HEY wait a minute, you already Have free will to choose the kind of... HEY maybe I am the ruler of the universe! On that note I bid you all a DAY!



6 comments:

Mrs. Random said...

oooooooo!

I like this :) So, if you've become ruler of the universe, do I get to put in a couple requests? ;)

Really, we did foster/adoption with a teenage girl...and I went through similar things with her. The notion that you can choose the attitude with which you face the events of your life was not only foreign to her, but offensive. She used to get downright angry about it.

If its any encouragement, she's much more mature about things now. I heard a comedian who said his favorite scripture in the Bible was "And it came ...to pass..." He interpreted it as, this too will pass.

I'd say that applies to your friend's response to your ansering machine too. Of course, I can safely say that cause I'm hundreds? thousands? of miles away and have never met your friend ;)

~*Jobthingy*~ said...

your friend need to open her mind. and really if an answering machine message is going to piss her off to the point she doesnt want to be your friend then she is not a friend you need.

The Maven said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Maven said...

Jobthingy: you do know she was talking about me, right?

And that, naturally, my message with dripping with sarcasm? Screaming 'MAVEN ADDICTION! MAVEN ADDICTION!' into the phone at the end of the message was probably a good indication of my tongue-in-cheek humour ;)

But you know... You, Chocolateer and Lushgurl would make a great Team 2. I could go throw on my old Bitch Olympics jersey...

lushgurl said...

AWWWW...my gurl friends, it is so sweet(albeit a little frightening) how quickly you all jumped in to defend my honour!
The thing is I DO NOT control the universe or I would wake up rich instead of JUST beautiful...also, I would never trash a former friend on my blog because the mav...I mean SHE occasionally reads it!!!When my foot is not firmly in my mouth,my tongue is usually in my cheek!!! Love you guys!

Granny said...

And all this time I thought I was in charge. What, I'm not?

Have a great 24 hours which you can start again at any time.