Tuesday, March 27, 2007

HAVING A DAY...PARTE DEUX!

I don't quite know what happened...I was SO rocking the blog world! I have been adding new stuff, rearranging old stuff, editing here, javascripting there...I guess Someone is thinking maybe my head is getting too big!!! Yesterday, it took me hours to come up with only seven songs that I really like, and true to my "please the audience" form, I wanted to show a video to go along with my picks... alas though I am not to have a video today! Wait, don't leave, you can still oooh and ahhh over my ever brilliant words of wisdom, no wait, don't leave!!

I think I am having another DAY !!! It's not MY fault! I seem to have been born this way!
OK, I know, I am a little more than my usual amount of 'freakishness' today HUH? I ran out of my anti-depressants on Saturday, but Angel and I were having A DAY, so I never got out to pick up the refill. Yesterday it was pouring rain, so I slept most of the afternoon and, no, didn't get the meds either. Today I am not doing so well, it probably isn't 'cause I'm out of meds, but I hafta find a reason for my other than normal mood, so that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Alright. so here is my list of seven songs that I USED to dig, before I tried, to no avail, to post one of the videos on my blog...

1) Don't Stop Believing......... by Journey
2) Keep the Faith ..................by Bon Jovi
3) Life is a Highway...............by Tom Cochrane
4) Still the One ......................by Shania Twain
5) Amazing .............................by Aerosmith
6) Sweet Escape.....................by Gwen Stephani
7) Lay Your Hands on ME....by Bon Jovi

Of course after finding seven songs I liked I was tagged again (this time by Scott W) and I am SO not in the mood to search through the cobwebs of my mind to come up with seven more, so I will leave that for another day!!! And as for MY tags...I realize that some of these may also be 'double tagged', so I'm throwing in a few extra's... Tabster, Kenny, Shannon, Chocolateer, Cori. Scott W, Lex Sunshine, Sharon and Grace!! Have fun!!!!

...I think I need to do my reading now, and you? This one is from "As Bill Sees it", I just randomly open the book to see what message He has for me, and THIS is what showed up, try not to laugh too hard, you might miss the message LOL

"Perfect Humility"

For myself, I try to seek out the truest definition of humility that I can. This will not be the perfect definition, because I shall always be imperfect.

At this writing, I would choose one like this : Absolute Humility would consist of a state of complete freedom from myself, freedom from all the claims that my defects of character now lay so heavily upon me. Perfect humility would be a full willingness, in all times and places,to find and to do the will of God.

When I meditate upon such a vision, I need not be dismayed because I shall never attain it, nor need I swell with presumption that one of these days its virtues shall be mine.

I only need to dwell on the vision itself, letting it grow and ever more fill my heart. This done, I can compare it with my last taken personal inventory. Then I get a sane and healthy idea of where I stand on the highway to humility. I see that my journey toward God has scarce begun.

As I thus get down to my right size and station, my self concern and importance become amusing.

Grapevine, June 1961

Once again the humour of my Higher Power is not lost on me... two short months after Bill wrote this, I was born into this world.... OK, you may laugh now!!! But don't forget to "Have a Day". Oh and before you get all huffy about the fact that I apparently lied about the video thing...I tried once again after returning to my rightful place here on earth...



10 comments:

Scott W said...

I love it that you tagged this post "I am a freak"!

I posted the seven song thing, but it's before that last long post I published.

I am looking forward to your jobs.

Sober Steve said...

Sounds like you are having a day. Here comes a cyber hug for you.

Be nice to yourself Today

Hugs and Kisses
Steve

Recovery Road London said...

Hey hon. Hope you're well today.

As I said to Scout....if I visited your house, there's no way I'd be stealing your record collection!!!

Lmao

[/ end cheeky mode]

:-D

x

Mary Christine said...

I am being a nag here, I apologize in advance....
some antidepressants are very dangerous to stop suddenly. Please be careful.

Shadow said...

hey! like the songs....

Grace said...

Did it :-)

Anonymous said...

I also got a kick out of the "I am a freak" tag. How useful! Most of my posts would be filed under that, Lush! Thanks for the idea.
BTW, I did know that you coined blog stalking, but I was thinking that everyone knew that so I didn't need to quote you -- lol! It is an awesome phrase, girl--right on.
And one last thing--that Shania song is such a classic, isn't it? I could listen to that over and over and over again.
Peace to you, my pal,
Scout

Meg Moran said...

sometimes I put on Shaina Twaine and dance around the house in my pj's with the dogs biting at my ankles and barking. We're all rockstars!

Never run out of anti-deps again..very dangerous for sobriety, can set up phenonenon of craving..head is a weird place.

Sober Steve said...

HEY Whats up with the Hair Cut. It looks Great. Your other pic was kinda of dark. Made me wonder what you were hiding. Love that Smile

Anonymous said...

hmm..mmm..suddenly I hear that song called..ahh..what is it again..
Super Freak?
yeah..she's a super freak..super freak..lol
we all get our freak on some days more than others Lush.Roll with it and for gawd sakes..get those meds asap if you need them!
great music list and I can't help but marvel at all of that hair in that Journey video..lol!