Monday, March 12, 2007

I RAN BUT COULDN'T HIDE...I'VE BEEN TAGGED!

Here is the reading from today's Daily Reflections ...

A Day's Plan
On awakening, let us think about the twenty-four hours ahead. We consider our plans for the day. Before we begin, we ask God to direct our thinking, especially asking that it be divorced from self-pity, dishonest or self-seeking motives.
Alcoholics Anonymous pg. 86

Every day I ask God to kindle within me the fire of His love, so that love, burning bright and clear, will illuminate my thinking and permit me to better do His will. Throughout the day, as I allow outside circumstances to dampen my spirits, I ask God to sear my consciousness with the awareness that I can start my day over any time I choose, a hundred times if necessary.

Tomorrow I will need to remember this, as I am going back to court once again. This may be the last time we are to appear before the Judge. I called my lawyer today and left her a message about the letter I wrote to the Judge. I plan to give it to him/her, I don't know whether my lawyer will be on board with this decision or not, but she has to do what I want, right? As I mentioned, this just might be the final hearing, a number of things could take place...
A) The Judge could make Angel a Crown Ward, meaning she will not be coming home at all
B) He could award a further 3 - 6 months society ward ship as requested
C) A judgement could be made to send Angel back home today

I will pray tonight for the acceptance to deal with whatever the outcome may be. Tomorrow all of you will be there with me in my heart, as you all have shown such love and support to me. I am so grateful for this. It's funny that my reading today tells me to look at my motives and if I need to, I can start my 24 hour day over at any time! It is a good life I live today, a life that I am no longer ashamed of, a life in which I do my best to live honestly. I also have a life that is filled with supportive people, even though we are cyber-friends (mostly) I feel we are all on the same path (to recovery), and ya never know, one day I might wake up rich instead of just beautiful, then I can travel the world to meet you all...

It seems I have been tagged again! It's not so much that I mind being tagged, it's just that I was tagged by not one, but two people! Are you done laughing yet? Perhaps I could take this as a compliment... you know, acceptance into the blogging community and stuff. I guess that if people are requesting me to list weird things about me, that my freakishness is not as apparent to the outside world as I thought! OK so it's all good I will accept the tags, as soon as I figure out if I have to now write 12 things (due to the double tagging) or only six things 'cause I'm not sure if it's in the rules that one person can be tagged twice for the same thing! Or maybe I'll request my (many) loyal readers and fans to write ONE thing each about me that you all find to be weird, I wonder if that would count towards my tag? Oh never mind, I can just hear you all saying "careful what you wish for Lushgurl". Hmmm, I'll hafta think about this one for a bit....Angel is coming back to visit on Wednesday and I'm sure that SHE can come up with a thing or two that might be considered a little weird! Can I take the 'fifth' on this, I know I'm not an American, but surely I could borrow an amendment ?

People who get tagged need to write a blog entry of their own 6 weird things as well as state this rule clearly! In the end, you need to choose 3 people to be tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave a comment on their blog that says they have been tagged and to tell them to read your blog.

OK. so for the record I will be tagging MC...Lounge Daddy and ummm...Meg. Have fun everyone! I will probably post again tomorrow to let you all know how things went in court, say a prayer for me please. Yeah, and I will also do my tag thingy, tomorrow...stay tuned!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, plz do keep us updated on the court proceedings.
Peace,
Scout

ArahMan7 said...

I'm with my Sista in Swing, SCoUt. You will be in my prayers.

Just read your email. You ROCKS too.

Meg Moran said...

post or email tomorrow..I will be anxious to hear and to send love.

Jocelyn said...

Oh, sweets, I do wish you all the best with these court proceedings. Do keep us posted.

And congrats (maybe?) on the tags! Can't wait to read 'em.

Pammie said...

Thinking of you.......wishing you all good stuff!!!!

Mary Christine said...

My prayers are with you and Angel.

Judith said...

I will be sending positive thoughts your way. Don't forget to breathe.

Anonymous said...

hmmmm
thank you for dragging me into your craz-eee-ness
lol!

lash505 said...

Court sucks but the alternative could be worse at least in my case..

Michael said...

I was chairing my local meeting last night and I was dreading the job but when I got there I really enjoyed it.
Day 5 today of giving up smoking, feel all over the place still. I was congratulated by a lot of people there

Granny said...

It's just 6 weird things, not 12 (or 18 or 24).

These things make the rounds, go away for a while, and then start over. I think I've done the weird things at least 3 different times. I drag up my old post, add a couple of lines, and recycle it.

Prayers for acceptance winging your way.

Anonymous said...

You keep us posted and believe the process of timing for those of us who "believe" is right on track.
Even when we don't think so.

Where are your six wierd things?

I have already done that one..
I even did one for my cat.Believe me ..there could have been more than six things weird things I could have shared about him..lol

You keep taking good care of yourself Lush and Thanks for sharing.

Sunshine said...

You & Angel are in my thoughts and prayers. Please do let us know how it goes.

sharonsjourney said...

I love your prayer in the mornings, do you mind if I borrow it? It says it all. Good luck on your court thing. Just remember everything happens in God's time. Things will work out the way they're supposed to. Know that God has a plan for you, that is better than anything you could come up with. I'm repeating what was told to me, & as it turned out, it was so true. Keep the faith.