Wednesday, May 16, 2007

HEY.... WHERE'D THE WEEK GO?

In usual Lushgurl form, I have managed to sleep away, the week so far! I am not about to beat myself up for it this time though, ya see, things are still getting better in my world! I did manage to make some phone calls earlier in the week. I am caught up on most of my housework, and I have been out to take some pics of my growing garden, so all in all, the whole week was not lost. In case anybody hasn't noticed this about me, I hafta figure out why I do the things I do. I've always been kind of analytical like that. So I do know that part of the reason for my sleep fest is that it has been raining all week so far. I think another reason I've been sleeping is that we are fast approaching my one year anniversary, and in my determination to get there, I want to not leave any room for F-ups! I have been known to be the Queen of Sabotage in the past, so I figure " How much trouble can I actually get into if I'm sleeping! " Today is back to life day though. Thankfully, I see my therapist, later today and I have my relapse prevention group tonight, and after that, I have a date with my mom! Busy, busy, busy!

In today's Daily Reflection's it talks about forgiveness, and I am constantly amazed to find that I have been able to forgive myself, as well as many other people for being human, making mistakes. That is one of the gifts that this program has given me today...

Often it was while working on this Step with our sponsors or spiritual advisors that we first felt truly able to forgive others, no matter how deeply we felt they had wronged us. Our moral inventory had persuaded us that all-round forgiveness was desirable, but it was only when we resolutely tackled Step Five that we inwardly knew we'd be able to receive forgiveness and give it, too.

What a great feeling forgiveness is! What a revelation about my emotional, psychological and spiritual nature. All it takes is willingness to forgive; God will do the rest.

Today I am grateful/thankful for the following...
  • that I am clean and sober today
  • all of the rain that has brought new blooms to my garden
  • tomorrow will be my first official HNT post
  • I have been able to forgive my mom, and become friends with her today
  • this week I have gotten lots of 'beauty sleep', so I should be OK to face the world!
  • my Angel trimmed my hair on the weekend- it felt great to lose some dead ends
  • I have everything I need today, and then some
  • all of my sober blogging buddies- that means YOU
  • my HP decided to wake me up today

I will see you all half naked tomorrow! Bye for now!!

10 comments:

Recovery Road London said...

Hey Ms Baseball cap

I still struggle with the forgiving myself thingy.

Sleep is good.

Liked your list. Thank you. :-)

Mrs. Random said...

Ok, I'm stumped. What's HNT? Do I want to know? I've been hiding in the wings, reading your blog regularly, but can't figure out what that one is.

ArahMan7 said...

See you on HNT tomorrow, Patricia.

Tabitha.Montgomery said...

getting rid of the "dead ends" brings so much to life be it in the strands of our hair or connecting in the new day with our HP..nice post Lush.
Thanks for sharing~

Shadow said...

hey! i'm happy to hear you can forgive yourself. i'm still trying...

Blissfully Wed said...

Welcome to HNT. My wife and I have a lot of fun with it each week.

As for the self-forgiveness, isn't life so much more grand once you learn to how to do that?
Congrats to you.

My best.

Clarity said...

Yo Momma-Sleeping on a rainy day sounds heavenly! I hope you had some good dreams!

Scott W said...

My hair hasn't been long enough to get split ends since 1974!

Judith said...

Quitting self-sabotage is a terrific idea.

I'm glad you got some well-earned rest. Looking forward to your first HNT post :)

lash505 said...

Sleep what the hell is that.. get some for me, I look like uncle fester.