Thursday, May 24, 2007

WHEN ONE DOOR CLOSES



Just thought I'd share some more of my garden with you all, these are purple and yellow irises. I wish you could see them in real life, but hope you get how pretty they are! It is hAAlf nAAked Thursday, and it seems I began my preparation yesterday. Gawd, I felt so nAAked and exposed, but it felt good to be able to 'bare' my heart and soul to you. I continued to share my woes at Relapse Prevention group and again at the Rainbow Group. I feel lighter today, and I see my counsellor later....WHEW! Last night I was lucky enough to have a new(er)comer come up to me after the meeting. I had mentioned that my butt would be sitting at the Womens; group tonight, who knows, I may find a new sponsor, or at the very least, get some more phone numbers for my tool box. So shewas saying how she felt kind of at odds because she had the least amount of sobriety in the group, I quickly reminded her that all any of us had was today. No matter if we 'have thirty years, thirty days or thirty minutes, we are all only an arms' length away from that first drink. I think it is important to remember that. Then. before I could stop it, my big mouth blurted out "I'll see ya tomorrow at the womans' Group"... crap, now I've made a committment...thanks HP!!!



Here is today's Daily Reflection's reading... as soon as I opened the book and saw it, I knew I would be OK, the title today is "Happy, Joyous and Free", what are the chances? This is exactly what I have asked to be inscribed on my one year medallion...


We are sure God wants us to be happy, joyous and free. We cannot subscribe to the belief that this life is a vale of tears, though it once was just that for many of us. But it is clear that we made our own misery, God didn't do it. Avoid then, the deliberate manufacture of misery, but if trouble comes, cheerfully capitalize it as an opportunity to demonstrate His omnipotence.

Alcoholics Anonymous pg. 133



For years I believed in a punishing God and blamed Him for my misery. I have learned that I must lay down the "weapons" of self in order to pick up the "tools" of the AA program . I do not struggle with the program because it is a gift and I have never struggled when receiving a gift. If I sometimes keep on struggling, it is because I'm still hanging onto my old ideas and..." the results are nil."


You see I have never doubted in a God of my own understanding, but many times I have been too busy listening to the sh*tty committee in my head that I am unable to hear Him speak to me. I was so touched last night by the outpouring of love and support to yesterday's post. I had been in so much pain, but when I read all of your comments, I broke down in tears of gratitude. I felt loved and accepted, and fully a part of this wonderful AA world - thank you all so much for showing me just how this program works everyday. Here is what I am grateful for today..

  • I was able to post to HNT for the second time!

  • the cleansing tears that I have shed

  • for all of the support I have in my 'real' life and my 'blog' life

  • I am one day closer to my 365 days of being clean and sober

  • the road I walk upon is always changing for the better

  • we are not alone in our trAAvels

  • someday, I feel, I will be able to HUG some of you in person

  • today is going to be another good day, because I choose it to be

  • I was able to set a boundary with Angel and stick to it

  • I want to take care of me today- what a change !

  • for each and every one of my 'true friends' in blogland- yes that means YOU


It's gonna be very hot here today, I might have to spend my day hAAlf nAAked... for more hAAlf nAAked fun go here: http://haalfnaakedthursday.blogspot.com/

Sweaty

15 comments:

ArahMan7 said...

Happy 364 days, Patricia. May you be "Happy", "Joyous" and "Free". I'm sooo happy for you.

Zanejabbers said...

Your flowers are gorgeous. The blue Iris is my fave. One more day eh, yep it only takes 365 of em, one at a time to add up. So glad you took the time.

Meg Moran said...

Blue Iris is my favorite TOO!!! I am so happy that your HP delivered so many messages to you, in person, in the book and on the net...you must be in pretty loving arms to be so well cared for.

lushgurl said...

Noor, I think you read wrong, I am at 355 days...still a ways to go yet!

Zane and Meg, I know the irises look blue, they are actually purple...

Syd said...

The iris are so nice. I know that I want to have all the wisdom that I can cram in and have to remind myself that it's progress not perfection. I can't get rid of years of abuse and stress overnight. It is just one day at a time.

Mrs. Random said...

Thank you for the flower pictures :) Irises are one of my favorites. I know I'm posting my comment a little late for yesterdays content, but my heart and prayers go out to you and Angel. It's hard to let go, but you sound like you're looking to Him for the strength and courage to do so :)

Mary Christine said...

You just found the magic... when one drunk reaches out to another drunk - something wonderful happens.

Tabitha.Montgomery said...

{{cupcakes for Lush here}}

Pammie said...

I had to laugh darlin', I wish I had a dollar for everytime I say "I'll meet you at so and so meeting"....then Immediatly think...damn..I've made a commitment. Of course, this ALWAYS works out for the best!

Mama Dukes said...

isn't it amazing how God gets in there thru those newcomers? I'm sure it was a great Woman's meeting for you!

Sober Steve said...

Thaks for the truth the other day. Just because I did turn it over I just can't sit back in the house and expect my HP to do everything for me. I know that you are looking for a sponsor, but you know what,,,You will make an AWESOME Sponsor to someone soon. and yes angAAL loves you.

Take Care my northern sober buddy

peace
Steve
PS..I had to go when Noor said 364..Better get another cup of coffee I thought it said 355.
peace again my friend

Steve

Nael C. Robes said...

You are doing great. Hang in there. Keep talking to everyone. Keep going to meetings. God will put the right person in your life in his time.

Judith said...

Your garden is so pretty! I'm glad you've been sharing photos of it with us. I love irises.

You're really walkin' the walk, my friend. I am so glad to be able to witness your journey.

Kari Sullivan said...

I'm still coming to terms with a new understanding of God. I grew up being told that God hates people like me (i.e. lesbians). Thank you for sharing!

Peace out!
Kari

lash505 said...

very nice post and what a commitment.. you rock