Wednesday, May 02, 2007

ELEVEN MONTHS OF MIRACLES

The following quotes were sent to me via e-mail this morning from Cali, who reminded me that today is my eleven months clean and sober... YAY ME!!! Of course it wouldn't be right to hog all the glory, 'cause as you all know, I DID NOT do this alone! And on that note...

-Thoroughly have we seen a person fail who has rarely followed our path.
-Acceptance is mandatory; understanding is optional.
-"Let go or be dragged." (told to me by Jeff W.)
-"You can complain because roses have thorns, or you can rejoice because thorns have roses." Ziggy
-"I have to remember that the people on top of the mountain didn't fall there." ~Sara T.
-If the cure works, chances are you have the disease.
-I must keep my recovery first to make it last.
-"If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything." ~Mark Twain
-"It's always the rug you've been sweeping things under that gets pulled out from under you." ~Unknown

And for more words of wisdom, today's Daily Reflection's reading is...

Lighting the dark past
Cling to the thought that, in God's hands, the dark past is the greatest possesion you have- the key to life and happiness for others. With it you can avert misery and death for them.
Alcoholics Anonymous pg. 124

No longer is my past an autobiography; it is a reference book to be taken down, opened and shared. Today as I report for duty, the most wonderful picture comes through. For, though this day be dark-as some days must be- the stars will shine even brighter later. My witness that they do shine will be called for in the very near future. All my past will this day be a part of me, because it is the key, not the lock.

Today I am grateful/thankful for the following...
  • for eleven months of clean and sober life
  • that I am no longer 'locked' in my past
  • that I can see how my experiences can benefit others
  • for all of the AA friends, in my life- that means all of YOU
  • the Maven and her hubby celebrated fourteen years together- WOW!
  • I have made a new friend in the program, a woman, who 'gets' me!
  • tonight I will start a new relapse prevention group- I like this better than the alternative
  • my new 'old' sponsor is always there when I need her
  • the phone doesn't always weigh a hundred pounds!
  • I spent some time in my garden today, the hyacinths smell sooo pretty
  • I have everything I need today, and then some
  • it is a sunny day that reflects my mood
  • I have come to believe in a Power Greater than myself, and He is restoring me to sanity

StargazingMeditate Gardening

18 comments:

Gooey Munster said...

Yay You!!!! 11 months, wowsers, what a fun time. Of all the miracles in the 11 months you are by far the brightest. Don't 4get that!

Sober Steve said...

Great job on 11 months. Great list, glad that phone is lighter..

peace
Steve

Meg Moran said...

Oh wonderful! eleven months!!!! I loved those quotes too....

Syd said...

Good for you for those eleven months. I really like the thought of the past being a reference book. It is where I've been but it is a history to look back on and hopefully not repeat. Thanks for sharing and for just being who you are.

Cori said...

Yay, 11 months is a super accomplishment!!

Mama Dukes said...

"a new relapse prevention group"

what is that?

Congrats on 11 months I hope you keep being good to you

Mary Christine said...

Eleven months is a long dang time between drinks! Loved the reading today about the reference book.

Scott W said...

Good, good stuff! Just one month until your first year--that is so exciting!

lash505 said...

awesome on the 11 months you go girl..It is cool ughhh..

Pammie said...

wow darlin' great gratitude list..and thanks for the funny quotes!

Scott M. Frey said...

hey baby! 11 mos, awesome!
we read that reading last nite at our meeting andboutt he dark past being a light and all, thats a great one!!

big 11 month hugs!!

ArahMan7 said...

Congratulations, my friend. You have to remember, that the people on top of the mountain didn't fall there.

Tabitha.Montgomery said...

keep living true to yourself lush and thank you for sharing your courage and miracles with us:)

Clarity said...

Wow! 11 months is so great and you sound so happy! Rock on, sista!

sharonsjourney said...

Happy 11th mo.! I agree with sober chick, you are by far the brightest!! I LOVE the quotes, & your post! MY, such wisdom for an 11 mo. old. Keep up the hard work, it's paying off for you, for sure.

Love You, Sharon

sharonsjourney said...

What a miracle you are!!

Summer said...

Congrats on 11 months!

Mama Dukes said...

-"If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything." ~Mark Twain

My favorite for today

Its so damn hard to be honest when I wanna look good---