Saturday, June 09, 2007

ANOTHER DAY, ANOTHER ONE YEAR!



Awww MAN...no more applause, no more gettin' up to collect another chip of pretty colours, no more cake...bittersweet, sad, and very freakin' thankful, now that my first celebration is done!!! I was having a day big time yesterday. Emotions were rolling like a coaster! I went from the poor mes to the "I don't care to celebrate today" to WOW, all these prizes, for ME? Looking back to other first medallion nights for me was an awakening of sorts. I have often said that this is my third and hopefully my last one year. I do know that I have never worked so hard to get any kind of self before, I just pray that I can remember to keep my program focused on TODAY for all of the days to come. Various people shared their views of me when I first came back, and I warned them all, if you can't say something nice... but for me the concensus seemed to be that I had changed! ME, different! Figure that one out! Was I EVER not in a good mood (don't hurt yourself ROFLAO) did I ever give the impression that I wasn't in this for ME? Am I getting a tattoo of Eeyore on my big old butt for my belly button day? Yes, yes and yes!!!

It really is a miracle when He can pluck the likes of me from the depths of depression and hopelessness and despair and plunk me serenely down in a new reality. It is for me a reality of enormous gratitude and noticing all of the good things in life. It is for me a reality filled with loving people, a sponsor who calls me almost everyday, and a child who said " My name is AAngel, I'm not sure if I'm an alcoholic yet!". she shared how she has seen me relapse in the past, but that she believed this time was for real. She said she was proud of me and that she loved me (in public even!) She read the promises for us last night and I was so proud to share this celebration with her. After the meeting I gave her my second one year medallion to hold on to, I was 6 months pregnant with her at that time.

And so for today, here is the Daily Reflection, and once again, I'm sure my HP will have an appropriate message for all of us...

First we try living in the now just in order to stay sober- and it works. Once the idea has become a part of our thinking, we find that living life in 24-hour segments is an effective and satisfying way to handle many other matters as well.
Living Sober pg. 7


"One Day At A Time". To a newcomer this and other one-liners of AA may seem ridiculous. The passwords of the AA fellowship can become lifelines in moments of stress. Each day can be like a rose unfurling according to the plan of a Power greater than myself. My program should be planted in the right location, just as it will need to be groomed, nourished, and protected from disease. My planting will require patience, and my realizing that some floweres will be more perfect than others. Each stage of the petals' unfolding can bring wonder and delight if I do not interfere or let my expectations override my acceptance- and this brings serenity.


So with
that, all my fellows, I am going to watch new petals unfurl in my garden, without interfering, and have a better day than yesterday...Hope you all have one too!





14 comments:

Syd said...

So glad that it went well. Every day is like a celebration if we just believe in ourselves and look around.

Clarity said...

Thanks for inspiring me today!!!
XXXOOO

The Maven said...

It was a great party, Lushgurl. Thank you for making me a part of it. I'm so honoured *hug*

Mary Christine said...

That sounds like a great great great birthday celebration.

Scott W said...

A day to cherish. And with Angel there, too. Congratulations again!

Unknown said...

Congrats, what a gift. Hold onto it with your life baby!

Have a wonderful week,
Gwen~

Pammie said...

Yahoo....welcome to your 2nd year...just repeat the first one, cause that went well for you.

lash505 said...

Congrads to you again. That was a cool post because I felt the exact same way..

Gooey Munster said...

hAAppy belated 1 yeAAr!!!! How amazing to experience it in a new perception. Now you are venturing into your second year, and I trust you will tap into some spiritual concepts and gifts that you could not imagine. Gifts await, keep on doing what you are doing.

Muah!

JJ said...

Congrats! What can I say but we all do it O.D.A.A.T.
oxoxox
JJ

Meg Moran said...

yay! Eyeore!

rusty said...

Congratulations! Thanks for recovery. :-)

Anonymous said...

Rock on girl!
Peace and LOVE to my sista,
Scout

Scott M. Frey said...

happy 1 yr girl!!! big ole hugs and much love comin atcha!